Maserati to Enter Indian Market
Maserati is spreading its luxurious wings and opening showrooms in India.
Maserati is spreading its luxurious wings and opening showrooms in India. This economically recovering country's car sales reached 1.87 million in 2010, a 25% increase compared to 2009. Most notably for Maserati, the premium sector grew by a staggering 70%. These figures must be encouraging for the Italian car maker, as it plans to serve seven major cites by 2015. The first will be Mumbai in 2011 followed by New Delhi in 2012. Maserati is working with the Shreyans Group in India, which has local experience in a variety of luxury sectors. These include cars, super bikes, and fashion. The Italian marque expects its magnificent Quattroporte saloon to account for 80% of sales, with the GranTurismo coupé and GranCabrio convertible fighting over the remaining 20%. Interesting stuff, but only time will tell if Maserati was right to enter its 63rd market.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter Free giveaways, offers & exclusive content