Fact 1... the Mazda MX5 Convertible lowers its roof in twelve seconds. Fact 2... that is
impressively fast. Fact 3... only six people care and five of them work at Mazda. Fact 4...
more will care soon. Why? Because the Japanese manufacturer has set the MX-5 a series
of amusing challenges - each of which must be completed within twelve seconds.
- Can a Mazda MX-5 perform four donuts?
- How far can a Mazda MX-5 power-slide?
- Can the Jota Sports pit crew manually change a tyre on a Jota MX-5?
- Can one of the Mazda team sprint 80 metres to the Donington finish line?
- Can a Mazda MX-5 perform a slalom sprint around cones?
- Can a race team driver get into his full racing attire?
Fact 5... motorists can watch this sports car take-on these challenges in the latter part of
September 2012 via videos on Mazda's Facebook page. Fact 6... big prizes can be won.
These include the use of an MX-5 for a week, zorbing, microlighting, and swimming with
sharks. Twelve seconds, by the way, is twelve seconds longer than I want to spend with
sharks. To win, correctly guess whether the MX-5 completes its challenges then e-mail your
answers to the manufacturer. Please complete this task within 'twelve' seconds. Thank you.
By Stephen Turvil
Wed, 26 Sep 2012