Please read this section . This section explains what information we collect about you, how we
collect it, use it and store it and the circumstances under which we provide it to third parties.
What we collect from you
You are required to provide us with certain information about yourself in order to access services
on the website. You may also be asked to provide us with information about yourself if you wish to
participate in any chat, forums or provide commentary or news on the website, or to contact an
advertising partner who lists services on our website
What about "cookies"?
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which then may store it on your hard drive. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of the website.
You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. If you choose not to accept cookies you may not be able to access ever y part of our website, or use all our services. For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
- To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the Website.
- To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of vehicles on the Website.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, among other customised features and services we provide.
- Delivering content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests. Our interest-based ads are subject to your preferences as described in the next section.
Cookies enable us to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our sites and other sites. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. For example, if we know what ads you are shown we can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly.
We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated sites with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalised ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards.
Storage of Your personal data:
By registering on motoring.co.uk, submitting an advert or entering into a prize
draw, you are consenting to the collection, processing and use of this information by
motoring.co.uk and appropriate third parties.
You can request to see the information that we hold about you at any time if you send in
a written request and pay the legal administration fee.
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict procedures in the storage and
disclosure of personal information which you have provided via this website. We take all reasonable
steps to make sure that your personal details remain safe.
We or third parties acting on our behalf may use your personal information as follows
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested.
- To assess your experience on our own and our partner websites by participating in customer
- To contact you by telephone or e-mail to inform you about other products and services
which may be of interest to you.
- To notify you of motoring news items, changes to our service or announcements we think
may interest you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who provide automotive, insurance or financial products and services relevant to the products or services you
have selected on the motoring.co.uk website and/or
- That we think might be of interest to you so that they can also provide you with
information about the relevant goods or services that they provide.
- We also may need to disclose your personal information:
- Where it is necessary to comply with any applicable laws , to prevent fraud or misuse of
information on Our Website.
If you have provided personal information and you want to stop the use of your data by us as
described above, you need to let Us know by visiting http://www.motoring.co.uk/remove
We will endeavour to process your request as soon as possible, and within 14 days. You may receive
marketing materials or communication during this period.
We are not responsible for any third party content provider or other third party offering services.
If you have visited our website via a third party provider ( for example in a frame or via a
If part of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be
deemed severed, and where allowable the enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms
shall not be affected.
Any failure on our part to enforce any right will not constitute a waiver of such rights.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.