Exploration of the key strengths that ensure this new, sports-utility, model is a practical and fashionable purchase.
Peugeot 2008 price
The all-new, 2016, Peugeot 2008 is a sports-utility vehicle that lists “sharp design”, an “instinctive driving experience” and “uncompromising quality” among its strengths, the motor manufacturer explained. Its purpose is to be a stylish, practical and cost effective family workhorse and prices range from £13,970 to £20,920 on the road. Let us take an overview of its credentials.
The vehicle's exterior styling emphasises its “strength and character”, the manufacturer said. Notable features include the: vertical grille that incorporates the company's lion logo, front and rear scuff plates, high mounted rear spoiler, 3D LED rear lights with a claw pattern, roof bars and – in certain forms – wheel arch extenders. The overall impression is stylish and modern.
Instinctive driving experience
The Peugeot 2008 has a range of features that justify the manufacturer's “instinctive driving experience” claim. Grip Control, for example, is a traction control system for the front wheels only that optimises traction when the road surface is slippery. It works by controlling how much wheel spin is permitted.
Modes are: Standard, Snow, Mud, Sand plus ESP Off and each is selected via a circular dial in the centre of the console. Mud Mode, for example, enables the wheel with the least grip to spin when moving-off. Whereas this seems counter intuitive, it enables it to clear the mud which is causing it to slip and, thus, proceed.
There is more to consider behind the wheel.
- Active City Brake – while travelling at less than 20mph – automatically brakes should the motorist fail to react to a hazard such as (say) a vehicle that has slowed considerably. Its purpose is to avoid a collision or mitigate its severity.
- Park Assist steers into parallel parking spaces. The motorist simply operates the throttle, transmission and brakes.
- CarPlay Functionality enables the driver to control functions via voice commands. Make a hands-free phone call, for example.
The Peugeot 2008 passenger compartment is “an example of high-quality trim”, the manufacturer stated. It is reasonable to argue that the range feels more expensive than its list prices suggest.
The Peugeot 2008 incorporates other benefits too.
- Choice of petrol and diesel engines including the award winning PureTech 3-cylinder petrol.
- Choice of 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Choice of Access A/C, Active, Allure and GT Line trims.
- Available via Just Add Fuel whereby monthly payments cover the cost of the car plus its: insurance, warranty, servicing, road tax and roadside assistance for the duration of the contract.