Nissan Qashqai New Trims, Option Packs & Suspension For 2016
Nissan Qashqai crossover vehicle gains new, simplified, trim levels, revised option packs and superior suspension for 2016.
2016 Nissan Qashqai enhancements include the simplified range of trims, new option packs and superior suspension.
The Qashqai is a crossover class vehicle so blends the rugged look of a 4x4 – and in some forms 4-wheel-drive itself – with the low running costs and confident handling more typical of a family car.
Cargo capacity is an estate-like 430-litres rising to 1,585-litres with the rear bench folded, and there is room for 5.
Engines include the: 1.2-litre 115PS petrol, 1.6 163PS petrol, 1.5 110PS diesel and the 1.6 130PS diesel. There is a choice of manual or auto transmission too.
Trims levels & equipment
The 2016 Qashqai retains the Visia, Acenta and Tekna trims but loses Acenta Premium, N-Tec and N-Tec+ (once stock runs out).
The Visia has: Bluetooth, hill-start assist, air-con, cruise control with speed limiter and powered windows throughout. Motorists can also tweak the feel of the steering between “normal” and “sport”.
The Acenta – among other things - adds alloy wheels and dual-zone climate control. The N-Connecta replaces the N-Tec/N-Tec+ and benefits from the around view monitor (camera on each side to make parking easier) and satellite navigation.
The Tekna, in contrast, also has the panoramic roof, blind spot monitor plus larger wheels.
Nissan Qashqai, trim specific, option packs and extras apply throughout the range. Let's look at the options.
- Visia and Acenta Smart Vision Pack (£495). Adds: traffic sign recognition, high beam assist, lane departure warning, forward emergency braking, front/rear parking sensors and an anti dazzle rear-view mirror.
- Acenta Premium Pack (£500). Enhancements include: 18” alloy wheels, electric folding mirrors and privacy glass.
- Acenta Comfort Pack (£550). Extras include the: panoramic glass roof that incorporates a 1-touch shade, plus roof rails.
- Acenta Tech Pack (£750). Features: NissanConnect 7” touch-screen navigation system, CD, aux-in, Bluetooth music streaming, USB and DAB Radio, smartphone Apps and rear-view camera.
- N-Connecta Heat Pack (£250). Adds: thermaclear heated windscreen and heated front seats.
- N-Connecta Comfort Pack (£550). Extras include the: panoramic glass roof with 1-touch shade and the satin silver roof rails.
- N-Connecta Executive Pack (£1,500). Adds: graphite leather heated seats, driver seat electric adjustment, and the thermaclear heated windscreen.
- Tekna extras include the: panoramic glass roof with 1-touch shade (£400), sports alcantara and grey leather interior with dark headlining (£495), and the 17” alloy wheels (£0).
New suspension & larger fuel tank
The 2016 Nissan Qashqai also gains multi-link rear suspension to bring: “Greater levels of ride comfort and refinement”, the manufacture says.
It is teamed with the 1.6-litre, 163PS, petrol engine and N-Connecta Tekna trims. Furthermore, the fuel tank for this engine is now 65-litres, rather than 55, to increase the range.