posted 4 years ago

What To Do If I Lose My MOT Certificate

How To Replace Lost Or Damaged MOT Certificate

An MOT test centre can replace any lost, damaged or destroyed certificate. There is no need to return to where the vehicle has been recently tested. Simply confirm its registration number then the MOT test number, or the V5C document reference number (log book). A test centre can charge up to £10 for its certificate replacement service, or 50% of its test fee (whichever is the lowest. The costs vary for heavy goods and public service vehicles.

Furthermore, MyMotoring enables you to confirm that your MOT expires in (say) twenty days. Handy if the certificate has been lost, damaged, destroyed or stolen. This free and easy to use service – which helps keep you legal and safe – also makes it easier to manage your road tax, insurance, servicing and warranty.